Author Topic: For Future Doctors: RISE OF PALPATINE……………Welcome to 2020  (Read 555 times)

pagal72

For Future Doctors: RISE OF PALPATINE……………Welcome to 2020

It has been more than a month since I last wrote an article which caused a storm among the medical fraternity. My article prompted Codeblue to publish what I had written, in their portal, which was subsequently brought to the attention of the Minister. During the initial press conference , MOH officials claimed that the […]

It has been more than a month since I last wrote an article which caused a storm among the medical fraternity. My article prompted Codeblue to publish what I had written, in their portal, which was subsequently brought to the attention of the Minister. During the initial press conference , MOH officials claimed that the salary difference between U41 and U44/43 contract officers are merely RM100-200 which is definitely not correct. The total difference when allowances are included will be in the range of RM 1000. Subsequently MMA made several press statements and had several meetings with MOH and MOF. After much discussion, MOH/Cabinet sort of agreed that they will “discuss” with JPA to renew the contract under U43/44 for those who have completed housemanship and did not receive permanent position. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, till today no such change has been made. Probably they are still discussing.

Subsequently, the cabinet has agreed for approval of new posts for MOH which has been frozen since 2014. The new posts will be for the newer facilities that are in the pipeline for MOH. On 2/12/2019, JPA issued a circular that about 10 675 new posts will be created for MOH within the next couple of years. Before everyone get excited, please be informed that these posts include all category of staffs. I was informed that only about 1000 post are for doctors. With 5-6000 doctors graduating annually, it is once again very obvious that most of the graduates will not be receiving a permanent post in KKM. The Minister once again has reiterated this in the Parliament few weeks ago that MOH will not be able to provide jobs to all graduates. It is a fact and it is also the fact in many other countries.

Then, out of no where, the cabinet suddenly decided that doctor’s consultation fees (not procedure fee) will be deregulated. This caught everyone by surprise as the GPs have been fighting to increase their regulated fee for years. I have written  about this few months ago. Just before the decision, MMA was informed that the government did not agree to increase the fee. However, I feel this is just the tip of the iceberg that we are seeing. I feel something big is coming along the way. With doctors flooding the market by 2020, the government got nothing to loose. Doctors will be undercutting and fighting among themselves to survive. If doctors are not united (which has never been) the biggest beneficiary would be TPAs/Insurance companies. Now, these fellows will go around doctor shopping for the best rate in town. It is called market force. Let the market force decide! With the deregulation, all clinics must display their consultation charges clearly in their clinic for patients to decide whether they want to see the doctor or not. It will become an offence if you don’t do so. I smell something is coming………… the Sith lords are never without a bigger plan………

Over the last 10-15 years, many of my predictions have come true. Mushrooming of medical schools producing thousands of medical graduates with questionable quality flooding the market and eventual unemployment in civil sector was predicted by me almost 15 years ago. It is all based on simple mathematical calculation. I am not Nostradamus! Limited postgraduate pathways due to this has been mentioned many times by me. I also spoke about the increasing waiting time for internship and internship under contract in 2014 when the actual implementation came about in 2016. Almost everything eventually happened, just the timing varied. In my MMA article 2011 & 2012 and my blog posts as well as in my books (2016), I had said that there will come a time when the Critical allowance for doctors will be removed! Critical allowance is given when you have more post than body. It is reviewed every 5 years. It use to be 5% of your basic salary till 2001 when it was increased to RM 500 by the Finance Minister who was also the PM at that time , who is also our current PM! He is also responsible in introducing this allowance when SSB was announced in 1992. Subsequently, these amount was increased to RM 750 in 2007 when the last review was undertaken.

On 20/12/2019, once again my prediction has come true. JPA issued a circular dated 20/12/2019 stating that the Critical allowance will be removed for all new appointments effective 1/01/2020. WAWASAN 2020 has been achieved! We have enough doctors to serve, we have enough civil servants, no category is considered critical anymore as we have more bodies than post. Unfortunately, we are not a developed nation yet! Interestingly, the PM who initiated Wawasan 2020 lived long enough to see himself becoming the PM again in 2020, not achieving what he envisioned. What is rather amusing is the fact that those who are already in service will continue to receive the RM750 critical allowance till they retire or resign. So, the newcomers will be doing the same amount of work but receiving a lower pay. But then, “you tak suka, you boleh keluar bukak klinik lor…………” it is called market force……….. supply and demand, more supply than demand, employer calls the shot! You have to thank your lucky stars to be even given a job!

Hit me with all your anger, use your lightsaber and I shall become stronger and the most powerful resurrected Sith of all time………

Welcome to the Rise of Palpatine …………………. where the dark lord rules………………once and for all…………..

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year 2020…………………..

Source: For Future Doctors: RISE OF PALPATINE……………Welcome to 2020

Doctors Only Bulletin Board System (DOBBS)